Al Ghurair University
Al Ghurair University (AGU) is one of the first private academic institutions to be licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the United Arab Emirates. Founded by the prominent Al Ghurair Group, AGU is a community oriented university that enjoys strong linkages with the local industry. It offers a comprehensive set of accredited and internationally recognized programs that are tailored to serve the needs of the UAE and the wider GCC. AGU has invested in the development of a superior yet affordable quality learning environment. Its students enjoy a dedicated campus equipped with state of the arts facilities and study internationally bench marked programs taught by world class faculty members.
Al Ghurair University is committed to serve the educational needs of the community by sustaining quality educational experience for students, engaging in outreach activities , and contributing to knowledge building through inquiry and research. The educational programs of the University are aimed at developing students’ intellectual, practical and creative abilities to enhance learning capability and employ-ability of graduates.
- Offer quality academic programs that prepare students to contribute to economic prosperity and welfare of the community
- Admit and retain quality students
- Recruit, develop and retain competent and professionally diverse faculty and staff
- Promote an environment conducive to applied research of a significant impact
- Foster outreach programs and community engagement activities
- Achieve effectiveness, efficiency and viability of university operation and resources
Why choose Al Ghurair University?
- Colleges and Programs
- Accommodation and Residence Hall
- Quality, Convenience, Flexibility & Employability
All Programs offered by Al Ghurair University are accredited by the UAE’s Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and widely recognized internationally. Students benefit from state of the art facilities in a purpose built campus with flexible class timings. Courses are delivered by qualified faculties that hold PhD degrees from renowned universities with intensive academic and industrial experience.
College of Business Studies
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
MSIB (Master of Science in International Business)
College of Engineering and Computing
Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Science
MSEM (Master of Science in Engineering Management)
MSITM (Master of Science in Information Technology Management)
Department of Interior Design
Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design
Department of Foundation and General Studies
General Education Program Foundation Program
English Language Program 2011/12
University Preparatory Program
The Students Affairs Office provides conveniently located and cost effective accommodation separately for males and females to meet the University’s commitment to its educational mission. The accommodation is suitably equipped to provide a healthy, safe, and secure living environment. The hostel is governed by well-defined rules and regulations. Adequate learning facilities are also provided in the hostel.
This service is optional and only available when there are enough students to occupy- at least partly the hostel. Students who want to make use of this service shall contact the Students Affairs Office at the registration time. The University charges AED 200 as a non-refundable reservation deposit and AED 500 refundable security deposit when students make use of the hostel.
Full time wardens who are members of staff are part of the resident family. Transport to and from the accommodation facilities are provided by the University.
|The table bellow shows the Fee Structure for the various programsTuition fees for new students 2013/2014Regular Semester (Fall/Winter) – All Programs|
- Locally accredited and internationally recognized programs
- Flexible schedule with daytime, evening & weekend classes
- Purpose built campus with state of the art facilities
- Academic support for ensuring the timely progress & graduation of students
- Lively campus life with various student extracurricular activities and events
- Competitive tuition fees and variety of scholarships
- 85% of AGU graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation
COLLEGES AND PROGRAMS
Al Ghurair University (AGU) has five colleges which offer a range of degree programs that are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in UAE. The educational programs of the University are aimed at developing students’ intellectual, practical and creative abilities to enhance learning capability and employability of graduates.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- International Business
- Information Systems & E-Commerce
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Sc. in Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Law (in Arabic)
- Bachelor of Education (in Arabic)
- Master of Business Administration in
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Master of Science in International Business
- Master of Science in Engineering Management