Brock University Canada
We nurture both sides of the brain. Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. Students develop rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides. We view community involvement as crucial to developing intelligent, well-rounded members of society. Our rigorous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs include experiential learning opportunities and one of Canada’s largest co-op programs. Our cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs offer multi-faceted degrees that help students build careers and get jobs.
Why choose IUBH?
- Intensive English Language Program (IELP)
- How to apply
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Services
If you meet the academic requirements for your program, but do not yet possess the English proficiency level required for academic study at Brock University, you may apply for a Conditional Offer of admission. Once you have successfully completed Level 5 of the IELP, you may directly enter your degree program without further proof of English proficiency. For more information, visit brocku.ca/registrar/admissions/admission-criteria/conditional-offers
WHAT APPLICATION FORM DO I USE?
You will be using the 101 application form.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
The deadline for the 101 application form is January 14, 2015
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
- If you are planning on staying in residence, we must receive your residence application and deposit no later than June 1, 2015 in order to guarantee your spot.
Students come to Brock University from all over the world to improve their English reading, listening, writing, speaking, and grammar skills. Visit brocku.ca/esl-services for more information about our ESL programs.
See brocku.ca/finance/students/undergraduate/tuition for updated costs. Fees are subject to change without notice.
Intensive English Language Program Costs
Prices are quoted in Canadian dollars. Fees are subject to change without notice.
|Intensive English Language Program (IELP) Costs per 14-week term|
|Ancillary Fees (Deposit)||$800|
|Homestay||$750 per month, with meals
$450 per month, without meals
Brock University welcomes students from around the world. More than 1400 international students from 80 different countries are currently studying at Brock. With 18,000 students and nearly 600 faculty, we’re small enough to offer an intimate learning experience, yet large enough to offer world-class opportunities and to be in demand from international students.
For a decade, Brock has had the second-highest growth of students of any Ontario university. More than $300 million in construction has been committed or commissioned to expand the campus. In recent years, we’ve constructed:
- New student residences;
- The Plaza building, home of a new campus store and academic space;
- The Jack and Nora Walker Canadian Centre for Lifespan Development Research, a facility unique in Canada
- A new International Centre
Construction is ongoing for the Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex, a state-of-the-art facility where students and professors will explore new frontiers in green science and health and wellness. And in downtown St. Catharines, work has started on the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts, a landmark campus that will support digital media and creativity, and help revitalize downtown St. Catharines.
Brock has a park-like setting atop the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario’s Niagara peninsula. Brock’s campus is part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. We have the numbers to back it up Consider the following:
- When students from across our seven faculties gave their ratings to the Globe and Mail Canadian University Report, Brock was one of Canada’s top medium-size institutions in terms of quality of education, quality of teaching and most satisfied students.
- With 18,000 students and nearly 600 faculty, we’re small enough to be intimate, big enough to be world-class and in demand among international students.
Brock provides opportunities for social and academic growth that don’t exist at larger universities, like access to professors. Our emphasis on moderate class sizes in seminar settings makes more students full participants in the learning experience. Brock University is a special place that’s worth a visit.
Brock is a comprehensive university with an expansive undergraduate system as well as advanced research, post-graduate and doctoral programs. Students at Brock choose their courses from a rigorous and experiential academic portfolio spanning seven Faculties. Brock also has the fifth-largest university co-op program in Canada, as well as a growing number of international programs.
- Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Mathematics & Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Goodman School of Business