HOLMESGLEN INSTITUTE OF TAFE
Holmesglen is a leader in vocational and higher education, and the largest provider of TAFE in Victoria. Holmesglen delivers over 600 courses to nearly 50,000 students, with around 4,000 international student enrolments. Holmesglen courses are highly regarded within industry and include:
- Degree and graduate certificate courses
- Apprenticeships and pre-apprenticeships in engineering, hospitality, horticulture, furnishing and building & construction trades such as bricklaying, carpentry, flooring, glass and glazing, plastering and plumbing
- Over 200 nationally accredited certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas, with many courses offering a flexible approach to study (part-time, full-time, weekend, evening and off-campus options available) and a pathway to higher education streams
- Adult short courses, bridging and preparatory courses, language programs, adult VCE, trade accreditation and testing, and corporate and industry programs.
Holmesglen provides a pathway to lifelong learning and professional development. Get set for life.
Holmesglen is one of the largest providers of vocational and higher education in Victoria.
Since 1982, Holmesglen has grown from a delivery of 90 programs to 7,000 students, to a unique multi sectoral provider offering over 600 programs to more than 50,000 students. Holmesglen delivers internationally and nationally across four major
How to Apply
Most Holmesglen programs feature a direct, online application process. Providing you meet the program requirements, you can complete the online application directly from the program page.
If you are unsure whether you meet the entry requirements, contact the faculty using the contact details listed below, or by enquiring directly from the program page.
As a general guide, you can apply directly to Holmesglen for certificate to degree programs if you are:
- not a Year 12 school leaver
- not intending to apply to any other institute and only applying for programs at Holmesglen
- applying for a part time course
- applying for a mid year start.
About Holmesglen Fees
Fees on the Holmesglen website are indicative only and correct at the time of publishing. Fees may change without notice, and new programs may be added from time to time. Fees will vary according to the program being undertaken, personal circumstances, and study load at the time of enrolment.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) fees apply to Certificates, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualificaton levels.
What is the difference between fee types?
Concession: Concession fees are substantially reduced as they attract the maximum level of government subsidy. If you hold a current healthcare or pension card AND meet all eligibility criteria the concession fee may be available to you.
Subsidised: Subsidised fees include varying levels of government subsidy and are available to you if you meet all eligibility criteria.
Full Fee: The full fee will be applicable if you do not meet the eligibility criteria OR are an international student. Full fee is also applicable if a program in non-accredited.
Holmesglen offers a range of scholarships to assist students from many different backgrounds pay for their tuition fees.
Holmesglen is proud to have a comprehensive Awards and Scholarship Program available for the benefit of its students and staff. The program is aimed at facilitating a range of values which the Institute has always embodied. The core values of the Institute are Access; Excellence; Scholarship; Integrity and Enterprise.
If you have a passion for working with children, Holmesglen has a range of programs for a career in education. You graduate confident, skilled and work ready because our courses:
- Combine study with work placement opportunities in schools and after school care programs
- Have strong industry and employer contacts
- Are taught in modern, purpose built facilities
Visit us on Open Days and talk to staff about children’s services, outside school hour care, early childhood teacher and education support programs. Click an area below to find out more. Registrations are essential for sessions to go ahead.
There are currently no sessions available for Education & Languages, please check back in a couple of days.
Holmesglen invests to ensure that students have access to the best possible education and training facilities available.
Our programs are highly regarded within industry and include:
- degree and graduate certificate courses
- apprenticeships and pre-apprenticeships in engineering, hospitality, horticulture, furnishing and building and construction trades
- over 200 nationally endorsed certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
- pathways to Holmesglen degrees or other higher education streams
- adult short courses
- bridging and preparatory courses and adult VCE
- language programs
- trade accreditation and testing
- corporate and industry programs.
Study can be undertaken at Holmesglen within the following areas:
- Arts & Design
- Building & Construction
- Business & Finance
- Community & Health Sciences
- Education & Languages
- Electrical & Information Technology
- Fitness & Wellbeing
- Furnishing & Decoration
- Horticulture & Environment
- Hospitality & Tourism