Kangan Batman Institute of TAFE
Kangan Institute is a flexible, innovative and friendly place of learning, with a dynamic multicultural atmosphere. With over 40,000 enrolments annually, we help build the skills, knowledge and confidence of individuals across Victoria, in Australia and overseas.
Why choose Kangan Batman Institute?
Kangan Institute will operate locally, nationally and internationally to be:
- An innovative leader in customized learning products and services
- The first choice for customers in our target markets
- The leading educational institution to use Lean principles to benefit our customers
- A vibrant professional services enterprise with a passion for excellence
We provide education and services that help enterprises grow, communities prosper and individuals reach their full potential.
Students have a number of accommodation options. The Institute provides a free placement service to assist students in locating suitable accommodation, with the exception of some homestay placements where students will pay an AUD$255 placement fee.
This fee is payable to a homestay agency (not the Institute) and is subject to change. The Institute does not guarantee to find suitable accommodation for all international students but will provide assistance with searching for accommodation where required.
Our six campuses offer a wide range of courses in a variety of fields, ranging from certificates to diplomas.
- Melbourne CBD
- Moonee Ponds (Health)
- Richmond (Creative Industries)
- Docklands (ACE)
With Kangan Institute, you’ll undertake training in some of the most state-of-the-art training centres in Victoria.
- Automotive Centre of Excellence
- Centre of Fashion
- Gunung-Willam-Balluk Learning Centre
- Health and Nursing Centre
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Centre
- Richards Restaurant
- Security and Public Safety Training Centre
- Textile and Fashion Hub
We also provide vocational education and training services within secure custodial settings in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
Pathway to University
The Australian Government introduced streamlined visa processing (SVP) arrangements on 24th March 2012 for certain student visa applicants with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for bachelor, master or doctoral degree courses at a participating university.
Eligible applicants, regardless of their country of origin, are treated as though they are low risk (similar to the current AL1). If the applicant does not have a CoE, they will be processed under the pre-existing AL framework.
Kangan Institute is nominated as an education business partner under SVP by La Trobe University and Victoria University.
This package allows you to commence a diploma or advanced diploma at a TAFE and, on completion, transfer to university to complete your degree program. When you apply for a packaged program you will receive a student visa for the whole period of your study.
Kangan Institute is pleased to announce that we are now an approved provider of Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) for Advanced Diplomas in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
Our courses include:
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism.