Considering becoming part of the Herd? Discover what it means to be a student at Marshall University from other students in this short orientation video featuring the sights and sounds from around campus.
Marshall University is a multi-campus public university providing innovative undergraduate and graduate education that contributes to the development of society and the individual. The University actively facilitates learning through the preservation, discovery, synthesis, and dissemination of knowledge.
Why choose Marshall University?
Applying for admission to Marshall University is easy – simply choose the appropriate student type from the list at the left to view all related information and admission requirements. You can even apply to Marshall online now. Once we have received your application, application fee and all required admission credentials, your file will be reviewed and you will receive notification of our admission decision.
English Language and Pathway Programs: INTO Marshall University
International student applicants who do not meet direct admission requirements and who wish to strengthen their English and academic study skills before applying to Marshall University should first apply to an INTO program. Learn more:
Welcome to Marshall University’s Graduate Admissions application site. You can apply here online or use a paper application. The process is easy and straightforward. Just follow the steps below.
- Before you begin the application process, please read this information carefully:
Types of Admission
- Some programs have their own supplemental application and additional requirements and application deadlines may vary. Please be sure to read individual program requirements carefully before you begin the application process.
Individual Program Information
- The non-refundable application fee is $40. You may process the application fee payment online with your online application using a credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications received without the required, non-refundable application fee will not be reviewed.
- Online applicants can pay the fee securely online using a credit card at the time of application, or you may mail a check or call the Admissions Office at 304.746.1900 to pay by credit card over the phone. Please wait 24-48 hours before calling after you apply online, to be sure the office has received your online application in the system. Applicants who print and mail an application must include a check, money order, or bank draft payable to Marshall University.
CREDIT CARD NOTE: All credit card transactions include a 2.5% processing fee. Marshall University accepts Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
TIP: The permanent address and email address you include on the application will be used by the Graduate Admissions office to correspond with you throughout the admission process; please be sure the information is accurate. Also, the permanent address will be used for all University correspondence.
Dynamic strategic planning is critical to any university or community. At Marshall University, planning input requires enthusiastic and engaged communication among our many constituents on exciting and strategic strategies that will shape our future.
Colleges & Schools
- College of Business
- College of Education and Professional Development
- College of Arts and Media
- College of Health Professions
- Honors College
- College of Information Technology and Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies
- University College
- Graduate College
- Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy