Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University is a dynamic, modern place to study with an international reputation for providing high quality education from undergraduate through to PhD level.
Consistently ranked among the UK’s top universities for graduate employment for many years, recent accolades have included:
- Top university for graduate jobs in the UK- HESA July 2013
- ‘Best Modern University in the UK’ – The Times Good University Guide 2012
- Scottish University of the Year 2011
- Top Modern University for Research in Scotland.
- Our diverse and exciting range of degree programmes are taught in state-of-the-art facilities by specialists who maintain close links with the world of work.
- Well-established relationships with professional bodies, industrial organisations, government departments and research institutes ensure that all taught content is relevant and meets industry standards.
- The majority of our courses enable part-time study, with an increasing number also available via distance learning through the University’s online learning environment, Campus Moodle.
- Our growing reputation for research reflects our interest in finding real solutions to real problems experienced by businesses and other organisations.
Why choose Robert Gordon University?
At Robert Gordon University we focus on preparing students for the world of work through a proven combination of professional placements, academic and research excellence, and state-of-the-art facilities.
Aberdeen is the perfect place to start your career journey. Our employment record speaks for itself, reflecting innovative, ‘real life’ courses designed together with industry partners.
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, this information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Pakistan for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for Entry Requirements
- Students applying from Pakistan, who do not have an international high school qualification, will be required to undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU).
*Entry requirements to some courses may be higher and require specific subjects. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis *
- Students applying from Pakistan for a postgraduate course, a 4 year Bachelors Degree from a high ranking university recognised byPakistan Higher Education commission with 65% or GPA 3.0/4.0 or better will be considered for courses which require a 2.2 degree.
For courses which ask for a 2.1, GPA 3.5/4.0 or better is required.
- We will also consider applications from students with a Masters degree which follows from a 3/4 year Bachelors
*Please note: Requirements will vary dependant on recognition of university and scoring system used. Degrees must be issued by recognised institutions*
- Students applying from Pakistan who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme at our International College (ICRGU).
Robert Gordon University offers alternative entry points to our degrees through our on-campus pathway college, the International College at Robert Gordon University (ICRGU).
As an Affiliate College of the University, based in a central location on the Garthdee campus, ICRGU will provide three intakes a year to undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Further details will be available soon.
- Architecture, Construction & Surveying
- Art & Design
- Business, Management & Accounting
- Health Professions
- Information, Communication & Media
- Laboratory, Biomedical & Sports Sciences
- Social Work & Social Sciences