SEGi University College was establishes in 1977 and have seven campuses in different cities of Malaysia where more than 23,000 students are studying different courses like Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering, Business and IT.
It’s only the University in Malaysia offering an opportunity of part time work during studies which leads you to get settled over there once you will be graduated from there.
Here at SEGi University College you have an opportunity to get the degrees of some reputed international ranked universities like Sheffield University UK, University of Dandee Abetry University of southern Queensland Australia.
Why choose Bangor?
Student Affairs Division is a one stop center for students to seek assistance in general (non-academic) administration matters. Student Affairs delivers integrated services in collaboration with relevant departments to give students the support and assistance they need.
International student MUST provide SEGi International Office with the following information by fax attention to “SEGi International Office” or email to the respective campus at least 10 days before departure:
- Date of Arrival
- Time of Arrival
- Flight name and number
- Airport name i.e. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or LCC Terminal in Sepang
SEGi shall not be held liable or responsible as a result of failure to adhere to the above requirement.
Before leaving for the airport, International Students are advised to double-check to ensure that he/ she brings along the following important documents:
- Passport (with at least 12 months of validity)
- Original copy of Visa Approval Letter or Valid Entry Visa
International Student may be required to fill in and complete the Malaysian Disembarkation Card, which may be distributed by the airline crew or at the airport.
International students are advised to be fully aware of the tuition fees and other administrative charges and fees of the college before departing from their home country.
A copy of the latest fee structure may be available from the SEGi International Office or from SEGi International agents and representatives.
International students are advised to carry approximately RM500 to RM1000 in cash to cover expenses in Malaysia for the first one or two weeks. Students should also bring other funds to be drawn in Ringgit either in the form of bank draft of via electronic transfer in a bank account in Malaysia.
*Bank clearings may take one week for electronic transfers, and 3-4 weeks for bank drafts
*It is more convenient to transfer funds electronically when depositing large sums of money into bank accounts.
*The Ringgit Malaysia (RM) is the basic unit of exchange. Both paper notes and coins are used.
Accommodation includes on and off-campus options ranging from traditionally college residence (within the college premise) to modern shared apartments. With our extensive range of accommodation, there’s something to suit everyone. All accommodation is reasonably priced and conveniently located close to the campus. Our Student Service Centre (SSC) will assist you every step of the way offering friendly advice and information to help you find the right place to live.
Student Residence Hall
The SEGi Residence Hall is located within the main campus so you get convenience and comfort. Students staying in the air-conditioned accommodation are provided with a bed, study table and chair, cupboard and fan. Shared facilities include television, lounge, toilets, cafeteria, convenience store and washing machines.
Private accommodation is also available for those who prefer to live off-campus. A list of private accommodation options can be obtained at the Student Service Centre. You may also wish to consult the classifieds section of the local newspaper for more choices. There is no set location for private accommodation. However, you are encouraged to live close to the campus. Private accommodation rental is paid directly to the landlord and accommodation options can vary between single, twin-sharing, partly furnished and fully furnished.
Advantages of studying in Malaysia
- High quality of education of international standard, regulated by the Ministry of Education;
- Twinning programmes offer internatioanal students the best routes to top notch qualifications from the UK, USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand for higher studies;
- Relatively affordable fees of lower costs of living;
- English is widely used as the medium of instructions preparing graduates for global market;
- Institutions offer friendly environment and world-class facilities;
- Simple immigration procedures for international students;
- Malaysia is a nation which comprise of people from diverse ethnic background living in harmony, offers international students a unique learning and cultural experience;
- Diversity in food, festivals, customs, races and languages;
- Long history of economic and political stability.