UMass Lowell is a national research university located on a high-energy campus in the heart of a global community. The campus offers its 17,000 students bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in business, engineering, education, fine arts, health sciences, humanities, liberal arts, sciences and social sciences. UMass Lowell delivers high-quality educational programs, hands-on learning and personal attention from leading faculty and staff, all of which prepare graduates to be ready for work, for life and for all the world offers.
Why choose UMass LOWELL?
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Lowell No. 156 in the National Universities Rankings, and its 27-spot climb over four years from No. 183 is tied for the second-fastest in the nation.
- UMass Lowell is ranked among the top 85 public universities in the country by U.S News & World Report.
- UMass Lowell was named a top-tier national university for the first time by U.S. News & World Report in 2009. In the 2015 National Universities rankings, UMass Lowell is one of only six institutions to advance in the standings every year since 2010.
- Forbes ranks UMass Lowell as one of the top 650 undergraduate institutions in the country.
- PayScale ranks UMass Lowell 16th of 437 public colleges and universities in the U.S. for graduates’ return on investment (ROI) and 59th nationally among public and private institutions.
- With an average mid-career salary of $95,100, UMass Lowell is the top-ranked public research institution in New England for salary potential in PayScale’s 2014 College Salary Report.
- AffordableCollegesOnline named UMass Lowell 10th best public institution in the nation on its Million Dollar Return on Investment list.
- BusinessInsider.com called UMass Lowell the “Most Underrated College in America.”
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching: Community Engagement Classification – Curricular Engagement and Outreach & Partnerships
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, four years
- UMass Lowell was named to Military Times “Best for Vets” 2014 College rankings.
- UMass Lowell is ranked among the top Military Friendly Schools in the nation by Victory Media, indicating the campus is among the top 20 percent for military students’ experience.
- UMass Lowell was ranked number 11 of “The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Psychology” by TheBestSchools.org.
- Times of London ranks the UMass system among the top 200 universities in the world.
We offer 100 undergraduate, 39 master’s and 33 doctoral degree programs in six colleges:
|Annual Undergraduate Tuition and Fees (2014-2015)|
|Tuition & Fees||Room & Board||Total|
|Out of state||$27,400||$11,278||$38,678|
|Annual Graduate Tuition and Fees (2014-2015)|
|Out of state||$22,978|
The University of Massachusetts System’s mission is to provide an affordable and accessible education of high quality and to conduct programs of research and public service that advance knowledge and improve the lives of the people of the Commonwealth, the nation and the world.
In accord with the UMass System’s mission, the University of Massachusetts Lowell is a public research university committed to excellence in teaching, research and community engagement. The University is dedicated to transformational education that fosters student success, lifelong learning and global awareness. UMass Lowell offers affordable, experience-based undergraduate and graduate academic programs taught by internationally recognized faculty who conduct research to expand the horizons of knowledge. The programs span and interconnect the disciplines of business, education, engineering, fine arts, health, humanities, sciences and social sciences. The University continues to build on its founding tradition of innovation, entrepreneurship and partnerships with industry and the community to address challenges facing the region and the world.
Colleges & Schools
- Manning School of Business
- Graduate School of Education
- Francis College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Sciences