University of Wollongong Dubai
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the UAE’s oldest and most prestigious universities. Established in 1993 by the University of Wollongong in Australia – currently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world – UOW in Dubai represents a pioneering Australian initiative in the Gulf region.
From humble beginnings opposite Al Mulla Plaza, through the landmark presence on Jumeirah Road, to our current location at Dubai Knowledge Village, UOWD has become recognised as an integral part of Dubai’s academic landscape.
Why choose University of Wollongong Dubai?
The University prospers and grows with the support of its talented and diverse alumni population. UOWD takes great pride in your success, as you do in UOWD’s achievements.
We encourage all alumni to stay in touch and get involved by:
- Volunteering in student recruitment events both in Dubai and around the world.
- Offering current students the benefit of your professional experience through alumni mentoring and career path presentations.
- Nominating yourself or someone from your organisation to be a guest speaker at an Alumni event.
- Attending the events and meeting old friends and perhaps making new ones.
- Sharing Your Story: Get in touch to tell us about where you are now and the impact UOWD has made.
- Making a Gift: All gifts regardless of size make a difference and combine to have valuable impact on UOWD’s future.
The fees for the postgraduate research programs are as follows:
|Fee per credit point (AED)||Sub total (AED)||Total (AED)|
|Subjects – DBA||1,250.00||67,500.00||167,500.00|
|Research – DBA||1,041.67||100,000.00|
|Subjects – PhD||1,250.00||75,000.00||225,000.00|
|Research – PhD||1,041.67||150,000.00|
Please note that textbooks, photocopying, personal stationery items and other incidental costs are not included in the tuition fees.
Internationally Accredited University in Dubai
All UOWD academic programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and quality assured by the University of Wollongong in Australia, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia. UOW Australia is the 12th highest ranked Australian University and has achieved five out of five stars in all six educational categories assessed by the Good Universities Guide 2013. Against this benchmark, students at UOWD can be assured an international standard of education, earning a degree that is recognised locally and can be transferred to an Australian qualification on completion of study.
The University’s faculties are operated by locally and internationally recruited academics, with extensive teaching, business and industry experience. They bring to the classroom a wealth of knowledge gained from research and professional practice in their respective fields, providing students with a stimulating, multi-dimensional academic environment. Classes are small in student numbers, allowing the Lecturers to cater to individual learning needs.
UOWD is an ideal choice for overseas students looking for an internationally accredited degree, close to home. Tuition and living costs are lower than comparative programs of study in the US, UK or Australia and international, non-resident students can benefit from a simplified visa application process. Our internationally recognised qualifications enable UOWD graduates to pursue rewarding careers and our 6,000 alumni include many high profile graduates in senior positions in public and private sectors across the region.
Our programs of study are:
Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (majors in Marketing, Management, Human Resources Management and International Business)
- Bachelor of Commerce (majors in Finance and Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Digital Systems Security
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Multimedia and Game Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology: Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering (majors in Electrical, Telecommunication and Computer Engineering)
Postgraduate Academic Programs
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of International Business
- Master of Quality Management
- Master of Strategic Marketing
- Master of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Logistics
- Master of Applied Finance and Banking
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Media and Communications
- Master of International Studies
Postgraduate Research Programs
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Full-time Academic English Pathway (UniPrep – English for University studies)
- General English Part-time Pathway (English Language Part-time and IELTS)
- IELTS Test Preparation and IELTS Test
- Arabic Language Program
- Rosetta Stone Language Programs