What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication. IELTS tests are held in over 900 locations across the world with tests up to four times a month.
IELTS tests all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. The IELTS Speaking test is a face-to-face interview with a certified Examiner. It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.
IELTS test takers can choose between two versions of the test – Academic or General Training – depending on their academic or professional aims, or visa requirements. All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking components but different Reading and Writing components.
Scores vary from 1 (Non User) to 9 (Expert User). Candidates receive a score for each test component – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The individual scores are then averaged and rounded to produce an Overall Band Score. The IELTS nine (9) band score system grades scores consistently. It is secure, benchmarked and understood worldwide. Test materials are designed carefully so that every version of the test is of a comparable level of difficulty.
Test Centres make every effort to cater for test takers with special needs. If you require a modified version of the test you must give the Test Centre three months notice. This notice period is necessary for the modified test version to be prepared. If your circumstances require special administrative arrangements to be made, e.g. extra time, you must give the Test Centre six weeks’ notice. For further information check out Frequently Asked Questions.
How do you register for IELTS?
To register for an IELTS test, follow these seven simple steps. You can also download the Information for candidates booklet from our website. IELTS centres have friendly, helpful staff who will help you with the registration process.
- Find your nearest IELTS centre (Click Here) and check the test dates to find options that suit you. Note the deadline for registering for each test date. You can also see the cost of the test at your centre in local currency on the IELTS Worldwide Search (Click Here).
- Check with your organisation or on the Global Recognition System whether you need to sit an Academic or General Training test.
- Print out the IELTS Application Form from our website or ask your test center for a copy. Read the information for candidates, terms and conditions, complete the form and sign it. Please make sure you have a valid postal address and use the same name as on your passport.
- Take a photocopy of your current passport – this must be valid and not expired. (Some centers will accept a national identity card).
- If you want your results to be sent automatically to a university or educational institution, include the correct details in the section on the IELTS Application Form.
- Take your application into your IELTS test centre with your money. If you send it by mail, please talk to your center about the method of payment. Once you have registered, the test center will confirm your IELTS test date, time and venue. Please note the Speaking test can be up to 7 days before or after the test date.
- On the test day, you must bring the same passport or national identity card that you entered on the IELTS Application Form.
What is the IELTS Test fee?
IELTS has a set fee for its test. The Academic and General Training tests are the same cost. You must pay your fee when you put in your IELTS Application. To find out the test fee in your local currency, check the IELTS Worldwide Search (Click Here) for your nearest center. It also has information on terms and conditions for payment and cancellations.
HR Assistance in IELTS Preparation
Preparing for an exam is stressful and time-consuming, but it does not have to be. Doing simple things efficiently ahead of time, you can ensure that you are confident and ready for any test. HR provides highly trained teachers, who assist you in obtaining maximum score. HR offer IELTS Preparation Classes on following locations: Islamabad – Rawalpindi – Lahore – Faisalabad – Multan – Karachi – Peshawar