University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, vibrant university offering high-quality, career-focused teaching and excellent student support. Our entire mission is centered on the academic, career and life skills of our students, truly placing students first. The University community has 24,000 students and each year over 4000 international students choose Bedfordshire as their study destination.
The University of Bedfordshire delivers the best possible student experience with good timely feedback, excellent personal tutoring and outstanding student facilities. 90% of students are in work or further study following graduation, which is one of the best rates in the Country.
Why choose University of Bedfordshire?
The University is based within the region of Bedfordshire. Coming to Bedfordshire means you can enjoy living close to London at a fraction of the cost in an area of England that is centrally positioned between London, Oxford and Cambridge.
Luton campus is…
- 5 minutes walking distance from Luton train station
- 30 minutes from Central London by train
- 1.7 miles from London Luton Airport (European destinations)
- Luton Airport Parkway train station is 2minutes by train from Luton
- 3 miles from M1 junction 10 & 11
- 35 miles from London Heathrow Airport (International destinations)
Luton benefits from a blend of a thriving town centre including the Arndale Mall with 120 high street shops and the 11 screen Galaxy cinema and the green spaces at Wardown Park, Stockwood Park and Memorial Park.
Bedford Campus is…
- Served by a free term-time bus that runs every 30minutes to the station
- 40 minutes from Central London by train
- Less than an hour by bus from Milton Keynes
Bedford is renowned for having one of the finest riverside settings in the country.
Milton Keynes is a city with attractions for everyone. The city has everything from extreme sports, rich cultural life and wide open spaces, to top shopping and fine dining
- By train you can be in Central London in 45 minutes
- Just over an hour by car away from Oxford and Cambridge
- centre: mk is one of the biggest undercover shopping centres in Europe with 230 stores under one
All applicants must be a current student at an overseas university or college of higher education and have completed at least one year of study at their home institution. The minimum academic requirement is a GPA of at least 2.8 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
All students are required to meet the University’s minimum English language requirements by taking either an IELTS or another recognised English language qualification at an appropriate level, unless they are a native of an English-speaking country.
Fees for your course will vary according to the subject, level of study and whether you are an *EU or international student.
Tuition fees for courses starting between September 2015 and August 2016 (you will be taken to the Fees and Finance website).
EU student fees
- Undergraduate Home EU Fees 2015/16
- Postgraduate Taught Home EU Fees 2015/16
- Research Home EU Fees 2015/16
International student fees
We offer range of English language courses and support depending on your current level of English.
We have pre-sessional courses to help you achieve the level of English required to gain entry on to your chosen academic course, as well as in-sessional classes to provide further support whilst you are a student with us.
Courses and support
- International Foundation Programme
- Pre-sessional English preparation – 10/20/30/40 week courses
- Summer pre-degree English preparation course
- Autumn pre-sessional English preparation course
- In-sessional English support classes
- One-to-one English language support
- One-to-one tuition in academic language
Language Study Centre
We also have a Language Study Centre on campus which provides a friendly area for study, cross-cultural interaction, English support and language learning.
ALUMNI LOYALTY SCHOLARSHIP
A £500 alumni discount is offered to University of Bedfordshire overseas fee paying students who progress from Undergraduate courses to Postgraduate courses.
The Students’ Internships Scheme (SIS) is a great way to network and build essential contacts within the business world. It gives students the opportunity to test a career path and gain additional practical work experience that will supplement your theoretical knowledge of the world of business.
“I learned at lot. It was my “double degree”. One was my MSc and one was my internship.” Zahir Malik Finance and Business Management Student
The University of Bedfordshire was ranked 12th amongst the top 20 UK universities with the highest number of international students in 2011-12
42nd in The Times; Aberystwyth (88th and 47th); Coventry (33rd and 55th), Northampton (47th and 99th), Anglia
In the National Student Survey, taken by all final year home studentsb published on August 13th the University of Bedfordshire’s overall satisfaction rating rising 2 per cent to 80 per cent, our highest rating ever. Our level of improvement is twice the national average.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- In the last iGrad survey in 2012 University of Bedfordshire was ranked in the Top4 Million+ Universities for student satisfaction with registration and meeting staff.
- University of Bedfordshire also ranked in the Top4 Million+ Universities for student satisfaction with financial support and living costs for international students.
- The International Office at University of Bedfordshire scored 76 per cent satisfaction rating – the average score for an International Office at a Million+ University is 60 per cent.
- The University of Bedfordshire laboratories achieved a 90 per cent satisfaction rating with international students.
- Between 2010 and 2012 65 per cent of International undergraduate students achieved either a 1st Class or an Upper First (2:1) in the first degree.
- iGrad demonstrated higher levels of satisfaction amongst international students with major improvements in many learning areas including technology up more than 5 per cent and work experience with an increase of more than 3 per cent.
- International students scored Bedfordshire in the Top 2 Million+ Universities for support including IT support, Finance Office and catering.