MBA Oil and Gas Management
The Oil and Gas Management MBA is ideal for those already working in or associated with the energy sector.
It has been designed to equip graduates with the appropriate management skills and knowledge to undertake a leadership role in the oil and gas industries, one of the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic sectors.
This program has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study MBA Oil and Gas Management you will benefit from:
- a unique experience delivered by universities with strong foundations in educating business leaders;
- work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures;
- assistance in securing future employment through essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview techniques;
- replacing conventional wisdoms with new and developing perspectives, new patterns of thinking and new insights;
- learning and assessment methods that include an action learning approach focussed upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
This Program comprises core modules in management, specialist modules at the cutting-edge of practice in the oil and gas industries, and an organisation-based internship, consulting project or dissertation.
The Program emphasises the application of knowledge through, for example, internship opportunities and engagement with real-world business projects from the private, public and third sectors.
The learning and assessment of the MBA Oil and Gas Management reflects an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
MBA programs are delivered over three semesters starting in September.
The program consists of a combination of core management modules, specialist oil and gas modules and an internship, dissertation, project or simulation.
MBA Oil and Gas Management Modules include:
- Data Analysis and Business Statistics
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Managing/ Leading Organisations Ethically
- Critical Thinking/ Business Communication
- International Environmental Law
- Project Management
- The Impacts of Oil Production in the Developing World
- Integrated Emergency Management: Practice and Issues
To apply for the program international students must:
- Have an undergraduate degree at least 2:2 (UK honors degree) or equivalent and,
- Demonstrate English proficiency with an overall IELTS score of 6.0 or its equivalent, in addition to a minimum score of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent).